This page lists the various families I am currently researching. I’d love to hear from anyone looking into the same families. I’ve organised them by the four major branches of my family.
- Canet – The Canet family in Australia originated somewhere in France. During the early 19th century, Zacharie Théophile CANET moved to England and worked as a tailor. One of his sons, Robert, moved to Australia in the 1850’s and settled in the Tallygaroopna and Shepparton areas of Victoria.
- O’Donnell – Family originated in the Killybegs area of County Donegal, Ireland. After a short while in Omagh in County Tyrone, Ireland, the family moved to the Tallygaroopna and Shepparton areas of Victoria.
- Sandilands – Originated in Harrow On The Hill, Middlesex, England and later moved to Tallygaroopna and Shepparton areas of Victoria.
- Montgomery – Originated in the Killaugh, Downpatrick, County Down, Ireland and later Geelong, Vic and finally in the Tallygaroopna, Victoria area.
- Watson -Originated in Uddingston, Lanarkshire, Scotland and moved to Victoria, Australia in the mid-19th Century. After a short stop over in the port district of Melbourne, the family moved to Sandhurst (Bendigo), Victoria where man members remain today. The family were labourers and also had insterests in the Glasgow Arms Hotel.
- Blandthorn – Originate in Manchester, England , with a periof 11 years in New Zealand. The family then moved to Melbourne, Victoria, then finally settling in the Bendigo, Victoria area.
- Harper – Originated in Devon, England and helped pioneer the settlement of New Plymouth, New Zealand. The family then moved to Castlemaine and finally to Bendigo, Victoria.
- Bray – Form Cornwall, England to Bendigo, Victoria via Adelaide, South Australia.
- Davis – From Chew Magna and Chewton Mendip, Somerset, England .The family then settled in the Camberwell area of Melbourne and the Bendigo areas.
- Whitley – Originally from the Waltham Abbey, Essex, England area. The family then settled in the Edmonton, Middlesex, area before moving to Bendigo, Victoria before finally moving the Sunshine area of Melbourne, Victoria.
- Sapsford – From Great Hallingbury, Essex, England with descendents in the Edmonton, England area and Melbourne, Victoria.
- Boswell – From Ware, Hertfordshire, England moving to Edmonton and finally, Victoria, Australia.
- Rann – From Waltham Abbey, Essex, England moving to Edmonton and finally, Victoria, Australia.
- Baker – Originally from Colyton, Devon, England, then to Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, England and finally to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Wilkes – Orignally from London, England moved to Australia in the early 19th century. The family has large and strong ties to the Hunter and Manning Valley areas of New South Wales, Australia.
- Freeman – Originating in Ireland, with a couple of generations in the Glamorgan area of Wales.
- Gregory – From the Pimlico area of London, England, moving to the Taree, NSW, Australia area.
- Philpott – Originating in the Kanturk, County Cork, Ireland area with a couple of generations in the Glamorgan area of Wales.
- Maddalena – From the Gordevio, Ticino, Switzerland area. The family then moved to the Manning River, NSW, Australia area.
- Wootton – From Hamsworth, Staffordshire, England and the Taree, NSW, Australia area. My only convict line.